Ten Least Liked Foods
This week, we’ve been challenged to name ten of our least liked foods. Easy peasy.
- Tongue – only ever had cow’s tongue, but I have a feeling I wouldn’t be a huge fan of any other type either. Those of you with dirty minds (I know you are out there), get out of the gutter, you’re in my way!
- Pig’s feet — my mother loved to snack on them when I was a child.
- Mom also enjoyed sardines! I have never learned to appreciate them.
- Lobster — not a big fan of something that screams at me while I boil it alive. Geez, I’m so squeamish.
- Let’s just say that I don’t like any kind of seafood, at all, and then we won’t have to list them all. This was difficult for my poor mother, being from a coastal area, famous for seafood. Poor woman, I was such a trial to her, during my wonder years.
- Spam — the kind in the funny little can. Well, I don’t like the other kind either.
- Tripe — I’ve never been able to try it because of the smell. Where I grew up, it was everyone’s favorite comfort food, but I didn’t get it?!
- Cheese — Smell has always gotten in the way of my becoming a gourmand. To my, apparently warped, senses, cheese smells like someone has just barfed all over the place and they just put it in my food. Needless to say, I don’t do cheese.
- Bambi — oh, I meant venison.
- Wild game is to “gamey” for me. I’ve made myself try: bunny, squirrel, elk, moose, beaver, etc. I’ve never enjoyed any of it. But it is a goal to learn how to cook it, because I believe it will help my little man overcome some of his food allergies if he eats traditional foods.
Head on over to Ten on Tuesday to find other participants. While you’re there, sign up and play along.