Thursday Thirteen #5
My favorite romantic gestures:
- Letting me sleep in — not always easy to accomplish with cats treading upon the bladder, dogs’ wagging-tails banging every surface in sight and a little one, still in his crib, indignantly howling for liberation.
- Red sheets, sprinkled with petals and Hershey’s kisses.
- The deck of cards, 52 ways to stay in love, the journal of our love, our story, and all the other things you do to keep our love alive.
- Flowers — fresh cut, bulbs or seeds.
- Preparing a sumptuous (anything I don’t have to cook!) meal for me.
- Caring for our son — bottles, baths, playtime, or diapers — when he needs you.
- Starting and heating the van when it’s cold outside.
- The braided basket made of fresh bread.
- Enjoying the shower of falling petals in Spring, with me.
- Writing poetry for me, then framing it as a present.
- Caring for me after surgery.
- Reclining outside, under a full moon, with me.
- Always saying, “I love you.”
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. What do you do? Write Thirteen things about yourself, summarize your week in one entry, make it easy for other bloggers to get to know you on a weekly basis. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is not only encouraged, it is part of being a Thursday Thirteener!