Ten on Tuesday: Favorite Places to Shop
- See’s Candy — #1 for a reason!!
- Toys (and Babies) ‘r Us — love the games and things for the kids.
- Book stores — I’m more comfortable shopping in the independent bookstores, but I confess that I can’t pass up the large chains. Books are my addiction.
- Thrift shops are fun for me, not so much fun for my Wubby.
- Grocery stores, preferably one that sells fresh fruit and veggies (is that even possible this far North?). I’m not very picky about which store I use, as long as they have what we need. I don’t understand why the stores in our town have such a difficult time understanding a request for corn tortillas though. Seems pretty straightforward to me.
- Lee Valley catalogue or store
- Video Game stores
- Gardening catalogues — love them! I wish I could still buy from the American catalogues.
- Discovery.com used to be one of my favorites, but since they’ve changed their focus to selling based on their shows, I’m not as impressed. There are still some good science and learning sites that I enjoy.
- Home Depot — I couldn’t be too obvious and put this one first, could I?
I’m not very picky about brand names, and I think buying clothing, or any article for that matter, with a brand name on the outside is just plain dumb. Why should we pay them for the opportunity to advertise their product?!! I don’t really enjoy shopping for the sake of shopping, or purchasing for the sake of having. We already have too much, and I know this for a fact because I trip over it everyday of my life!
I’m all about need. I want what I need. If it makes a difference in how it fits or tastes, then I’ll pay the extra for the branding; if not, who cares? Obviously, many people must care, but it’s not as important to me as owning a well made book that I’ll read many times in my life, or even a cheap book that I’ll only read once and then put on one of the many stacks we have until the next time we decide to donate them to the library.
Visit Ten on Tuesday to see other participants.